Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New westindi logo (jev)©

So this is the new logo I've been wanting to change to for a very long time now. With the new look, it's a bit more Caribbean now, a lot fresher and flat.

It's also a play on those 80's beach tees I used to have growing up and being from the islands those type of designs were/are always in style.


This will be my standalone logo sig for profile pics. When you look at it, it's a bit hard to see exactly what it is but that's ok. That's how I wanted it. It's the beach house window shutter view.
For the W I used three of them to give me the shape I was going for, I wanted it to look like a beach hut or a lifeguard's tower. This meant having to go through a ton of typefaces until I found the one that would work best.

I also wanted it to flip, so that you would always see the W with any three colours I chose.

And this last one is all the elements together. Both the Colour and Black & White.





No comments: